Here goes nothing. OK, not nothing. It is something.....a big something. I am getting Lap Band surgery as soon as I possibly can. It is something that I have thought about for sometime. There was always something holding me back. I haven't completely figured out what that is but I am well on my way. I went the the required risk/benefit meeting at The Surgical Weight Loss Center of Utah. I was really surpised at how much people didn't know about their options. I have done a fair amount of homework and talked with friends who have had it done. Going to this meeting was such a a boost for me. It fired me up to get things going.
The next step is for me to get my information packet into the center and they will make me an appointment with the surgeon to discuss in detail what I am in for. I would have had it in to them today but there is a little thing holding me back. August 30th, I was playing softball with my company softball team. I was playing 1st base and the guy at bat hit the ball right at me. It was a grounder and I felt a bit of apprehension but my right hand wasn't really wanting to be protected by the mitt and the ball hit my ring finger. It hurt like nothing I have ever felt but I toughed it out and kept playing. Well, to make along nstory short, after 2 grocery stores looking for a splint, two Instacares that were either closed or didn't have an x-ray, and 3 hours in the St. Marks Emergency Room, I have a fractured finger with a chipped bone. I am going to an orthopedic surgeon to see if I need surgery. In the emergency room I remember them saying something about "popping" it back into place. Hopefully there will be no popping involved... re-breaking or all the other wonderful things that could happen. Even now my right hand is typing with a pencil. I have been doing it all day and I am sore and tired. With that I am going to end this...my first blog.
I will keep you updated on my journey....both of them.
1 comment:
Nice blog...you write so well. Are you sure you don't want to be a writer?
You sound so refreshingly alive and full of energy (at least mental energy). Keep achuggin'!. You are on the train. We love you tons and tons, Jen. Call when you get a chance. We have zone conference tomorrow and Friday with the big Christmas party -- gingerbread house activity. Sound like fun? We'll see you on the 20th, OK? Have a wonderful day. Love, Me
Post a Comment